The Lycoming County Prison was built between 1799 and 1801. In 1867 when a fire
damaged the jail, it was torn down and a new one was erected on its site, completed
in 1868. There were nearly 50 cells, but it could accommodate up to 100 prisoners. It
remained an active prison until 1982 when it was closed due to overcrowding. Over
the next couple of decades it had several different owners until 2001, when it was
re-opened as “The Cell Block."
The Cell Block is Central PA’s #1 Party Complex,composed of
the Dance Club, the Gallows (Band Room), the Courtyard, and McMullin’s Irish Pub.